Monday 24 August 2015

Birthday Sweet Cones



Birthday Sweet Cones

It was coming up to my daughters 6th birthday and we wanted to do something different, we have always done goodies bags and they have always been hit and miss if the child likes them or not, especially if the child is older than the others. So we got thinking about what we could do that also would not break the bank balance. We thought what child doesn't like sweets, yes the parents may get annoyed if their child gets hyper after eating them but once we hand the "goodie bag" or "sweet cone" over it is down to the parent if they let them have it, so we decided we would make a sweet cone based on our daughters favorites and what we thought the others would like too.

I started looking online at what I could get and straight away I found a large pack of 25 sweet cones for 99p free postage, bargain as they came with something to tie it up with too, they took approx a week to be delivered.

The next task was the sweets, we went around number shops and got them in 3 trips as we could not get everything we wanted on the first trip.

The sweets we used in order in the sweet cone were:
  • Bubblegum (Blue) millions
  • Smarties
  • Haribo Starmix
  • Rainbow drops
  • Mini marshmallows
  • Large marshmallows
  • Frozen wrapped individual chocolate (hidden between the marshmallows)
It took us about 10 minutes to make them all up but we didn't have anywhere to put them, so I searched and I found a gift basket, we put them in the gift basket but thought there was something missing, I had a bit of curling ribbon so I added a bow around the top just to give it that little something extra.

They still looked a bit plain so I ordered some stickers with minions on which at the moment is my daughters favourite and added Thank you for coming to my party love Ebony xx. The stickers which my daughter put on really gave it that final touch and they were a big hit, every child who received one loved them. The parents were impressed too, they thought we bought them but we actually made them.

These were really easy to make and gave the party that bit of an extra touch, I will say be careful with them we did have one accident where one child hit something else with their sweet cone and millions went everywhere haha (we did offer to clean it up) otherwise a big success! 

You don't have to make these for a birthday, this could be made with your child/children just to have some fun by spending time making something with them, Easter, Valentine's day, Christmas, you could add one to your child/children's Christmas eve box if they have one or just a nice treat.

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a big success with making your own sweet cones, much love tasha xx

No comments:

Post a Comment