Wednesday 26 August 2015

July's Freebies and coupons


My husband was made redundant in June 2015 so money was a little tight, we were lucky we were prepared but things were and are still a little tight as he started his new job at the start of august 2015.

I was looking for ways we could save a bit of money on our shopping bill as in august alone it was my birthday, my daughters 6th birthday, husbands nieces birthday, we had alton towers booked and paid for and chessington booked and paid for way before hubby was made redundant (just needed petrol and food) and also school uniform for when my daughter goes back to school in September.

A post on facebook caught my eye where some people had managed to get complimentary coupons for giving honest feedback on a product or to the company itself whether it was a compliment or complaint.

It got me thinking about how I could use this without taking advantage, I thought about just doing a few companies to see what I could get to help with my bills.

I had a bad experience at Frankie and Benny's on fathers day so I put a complaint in (I won't go into the ins and outs) however they very nicely sent me a £20 voucher to use when we next visit.

I was accepted on my first supersavvyme campaign where me and my husband got to try something each I had the Braun Silk-epil 5 and hubby had the Braun Series 3 shaver.

I was accepted onto the bzzagent campaigne, where you get to try all 3 flavours of the new Jacob's cracker crisps with some coupons to pass out.

I received a few coupons allowing me to get a free product from yazoo.

I received 3 random flavour boxes of popz microwave popcorn.

A voucher to get a free pack of petit filous yogurts.

Vouchers from Tesco orchard to try the Tesco finest cheese.

Not in the picture a £5 Gu coupon and a set of goggles from zoggs (daughters broke in the first week).

We also got 2 £5 vouchers from build a bear for spending so much and having the loyalty scheme and because it was my daughters birthday we also had 2 £3 vouchers. So my daughter got £16 worth of build a bear clothes for free. You have to spend a certain amount to get the £5 voucher but my daughter had some money saved up and knew what she wanted to get.

I did find it a bit cheeky and embarrassing emailing companies asking for a freebie or a coupon but I was surprised with the generosity given, we were genuinely grateful as every little really helps at the moment.

If you havn't already take a look at bzzagent and supersavvy me for products to try and sometimes coupons and Tesco orchard for vouchers to try at Tesco, you do have some surveys etc to fill out but they are really easy and if you get something to try for it, it is definitely worth it, I have had some great stuff to trial thanks to the named companies above.

Also take a look at your loyalty cards/schemes to see if your entitled to anything or if you can build something up.

Thank you for reading, I hope this inspires you to try and save money for your family and helps you out a little bit, good luck and much love tasha xx

No comments:

Post a Comment